[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question regarding item records

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Wed Oct 23 10:20:41 EDT 2013

Hi again!

Some of the items we imported into Evergreen do not have the fields Duration Rule, Recurring Fines Rule and Max Fines Rule completed. As one would suspect, these items are not correctly charging overdue fines.

Other items we imported do seem to have these fields.

I have been unable to find a way to assign values to these fields on an item by item basis through the staff client, and I already have a long list of items I am waiting for the county IT department to do on the database end. I know that would be the more efficient way to clean up this problem, but I am wondering if anyone out there can give me a short term fix through the staff client?

Are these fields usually populated through the cataloging templates? And how does one edit these templates? I see we have a number of them available but when I look at the Local Administration - Copy Template Editor it only shows our serials template (which is a whole other problem)...

Sigh.

Thanks,

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library