[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.5 Release Update [RM2.5]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Oct 29 15:06:58 EDT 2013

Hello all,

It's been two weeks since 2.5 RC1, and while testing and feedback for the RC has been scant, I am eager to cut 2.5.0 as soon as possible.  My primary source of confidence is the fact that my library has been running 2.5 in production since 10/13, but that enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that there are major functions (particular authority related) which our installation does not currently exercise.

Looking at the tracker, there are currently 4 bugs for 2.5.0 (at time of writing) which I think are release-blockers.  All have pullrequests, so it is just a matter of review.  You can see them here:

https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.5.0

While I would still much prefer to hear from more testers, we also can't afford to delay the release indefinitely.  For that reason, it is my intention to branch rel_2_5 and begin preparing the release as soon as the bugs highlighted above are committed (provided no new 'high' or 'critical' bugs pop up in the interim).  In other words, if anyone has any other reason why 2.5.0 should be further delayed, speak now, or hold your peace until 2.5.1 ;)

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst