[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen web page for paid support vendors

swills at beyond-print.com swills at beyond-print.com
Tue Sep 3 11:50:12 EDT 2013

Thanks Kathy,

For the record,  Beyond Print, Inc. currently supports the Maine Balsam Library
Consortium in all aspects of Evergreen-ILS from installation to customization,
as well as migration of data and on boarding of new libraries from various
legacy systems.

Steve Wills, swills at beyond-print.com
www1.beyond-print.com

On August 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org>
wrote:

>  I like that this is short, sweet, and not to overly cumbersome with
> requirements.
>

>  On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org
> <mailto:klussier at masslnc.org> > wrote:
>    > > Hi all,
> >
> >    I've posted a draft policy for the community vendor listing page at
> > http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_companies:listing_policy
> > <http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_companies:listing_policy>
> > . The Evergreen Oversight Board will be discussing it at their meeting
> > tomorrow, but I wanted to share it on the general list for wider community
> > feedback.
> >
> >    The policy is very similar to the one used in the Koha community since
> > there was broad support for the areas that were covered by the Koha
> > guidelines.
> >
> >    Thanks!
> >    Kathy
> >

> >    Kathy Lussier
> >    Project Coordinator
> >    Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative
> >    (508) 343-0128 <tel:%28508%29%20343-0128>
> >    klussier at masslnc.org <mailto:klussier at masslnc.org>
> >    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier
> > <http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier>
> >    On 7/17/2013 2:58 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
> >      > > > Hello.
> > >
> > >      I think that any official Evergreen community vendor listing page
> > > should be treated purely as a directory page and not anything else, with
> > > all applicable disclaimers clearly spelled out. I think that services
> > > providers who want to get listed should be required to have some level of
> > > description or at least mention Evergreen on their website. Koha's "How to
> > > get listed" page seems to be well though out.
> > >
> > >        Aleksey
> > >
> > >      On 2013-07-17, at 12:32 , June Caola-Stokoe < jstokoe at cwmars.org
> > > <mailto:jstokoe at cwmars.org> > wrote:
> > >
> > >        > > > > This IS a great discussion. My thoughts veer in the
> > >        > > > > direction of Open Source philosophy and how such a
> > >        > > > > directory helps/hinders its' advocacy. In the interest of
> > >        > > > > efficiency, it seems to make sense to have a place for
> > >        > > > > organizations to express their dis/satisfaction with
> > >        > > > > various enterprises or simply observe strengths and
> > >        > > > > weaknesses.

"No pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption
of the harmony [...]" - Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams, 1797