[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wishlist for future development by someone smarter than me

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Mon Sep 23 17:04:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

We have been using Evergreen for the past month or so, and in general I love it. I find the functionality on every page to be greatly enhanced from other ILS systems I have used in the past, and I really enjoy discovering new things. However, not all the staff here is an geeky as I am, and several have difficulty reading through the entire message that comes up when holds and/or transit items are checked in. Thus we are calling patrons to tell them their book is in at a branch they have never visited before and when they show up at the branch they usually frequent and the item isn't there they are getting justifiably upset with us!

I was wondering if it would be possible to simply change the color of the "turtleman" notice that pops up for holds and transits? Make him one color for in branch holds, another color for simple transit, and a third for holds requiring transit? If I had an ounce of programming in by body I would do it myself, just to keep the flow of everyone's work day from coming to a screeching halt whenever turtleman rears his adorable head!

Also, I am following the instructions for "wishlist" items from the Evergreen Launchpad page. Is this the right place to ask?

Thanks!

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.