[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Browser client - Scroll versus Page

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed Apr 2 10:54:02 EDT 2014

A few more questions about scrolling versus paging that popped into my head at 1am this morning:

1) With paging through a very long result set, it's normal practice to be able to jump ahead in the list (to page 5 of 9) instead of clicking through the pages one at a time. I haven't seen this type of functionality on other scrolling pages where you would keep hitting 'more' - thoughts?

2) Am I right in assuming that grids will be sortable by clicking on column headers? How would the sorting behavior differ (if it differs at all) between a paged grid or a scrolling grid? Would it sort the entire list or just the visible list? (My preference for it would be the entire list.)

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150