[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] browser staff feedback request / integration

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 4 12:57:53 EDT 2014

Conversely, as another contrived example, if v1 of web-based circ
required that you jump to the XUL staff client during a checkout
session to add a pre-cat, that would be more disruptive, as it
scatters the overall workflow of "check out a bunch of items" across
two interfaces, and raises questions like whether the patron would end
up with two checkout receipts.
<<

Yes, Galen's point is a good one. The frequency of this kind of thing happening will probably vary significantly from consortium to consortium depending on their policies, and some places might find it's too much of a hassle and opt to continue to work just in the client and not in the web version at all until they have to. That would be unfortunate for the project from a testing and adoption perspective, but I would expect that most places would at least be willing to try it and some places would really run with it.

And, I'd rather support staff who are grumble about switching back and forth between two clients than staff who panic because something was accidentally broken in a Frankensteined merge.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150