[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] View Holds Screen

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 9 15:59:48 EDT 2014

> Can anyone shed any light on how to control this please?  This customer only
> wants to be able to see their own local authority's holds and more
> importantly be prevented from being able to access a patron record that
> doesn't belong to them.

So the Patron Opt-In feature is a "keep the honest folk out" sort of
lock.  Some libraries tighten down their VIEW_USER permission depths
to create user silos, but I'm not sure how they get around the problem
of the Admin user, which usually has its home library set to the top
of the org hierarchy, and also usually gets credit for having
"created" bib records, etc.  Restricting the perm depth on VIEW_USER
would trip over display of the Admin user in some interfaces.

How do folks deal with that?

--
Jason Etheridge