[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] spine label printers

Mark Ehle markehle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:59:17 EDT 2014

Dymo labels do fade over time, but you can buy special non-fading labels.
We like the 450's, but sometimes label tracking in the printer can get off.
Make sure the sides on the spindle are as tight to the roll of labels as
you can get it ('squeeze the snot out of it', I tell our librarians) and it
will be fine. And labels can get stuck. Never try to pull the labels back
through. The printer can be dissembled but it's no fun.

Mark Ehle
Computer Support Librarian
Willard Library
Battle Creek, MI