[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] View Holds Screen

Borthwick, Fiona fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Apr 11 09:22:49 EDT 2014

Thank you so much to everyone for your responses.

I have done some more testing but still not getting satisfactory results.

I have a feeling that the consortium discovered that they had to have
VIEW_USER set to a consortium depth in the past but I cannot remember why.
 However I tried changing this depth for the Circulation Administrators
permission group (this is the group used by most of the branch logins) but
there was no difference at all.

The VIEW_USER permission still had the depth set to Consortium at the top
Staff level so I changed it here too.  This had a little bit of impact as
now when I try to retrieve patron from the View Holds screen, I got a
VIEW_USER Permission Denied window and prompted for authorisation.  However
simply closing this window down then shows the patron record so it doesn't
really work.

Ideally the View Holds screen needs to be changed so that the individual
system within the consortium can only see the holds queue for their
branches.  Then this other problem would not arise.  It would appear from
Mike's email that some development work would be required in this area.

I have been playing about with the VIEW_HOLDS permission but this doesn't
seem to have any influence on this screen.

Thanks again.

Fiona

--

Fiona Borthwick
Customer Services Consultant, PTFS Europe Limited

+44 (0) 800 756 6803 (phone)
+44 (0) 7540 768230  (mobile)
+44 (0) 131 2088578  (direct dial)
+44 (0) 800 756 6384 (fax)fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com