[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Items not checking in?

Joan Kranich jkranich at cwmars.org
Fri Apr 11 13:46:19 EDT 2014

Hello,

Our libraries have also reported that after checking in items the items remained on the patron record.  We started on release 2.2 and now on 2.4 so our reports have not been specific to a release.  Some of our libraries have disabled the beep on the scanner and tell us that has improved the situation.

Mis-scans lead to the problem as well.  If the mis-scan occurs at check out staff are usually prompted to create a pre-cat record.  If they proceed with the pre-cat they are checking out the item with the mis-scanned barcode.  When the item is checked in with a correctly scanned barcode it does not remove the pre-cat from the patron’s record because the barcodes do not match.

Joan

Joan Kranich
C/W MARS Member Services
jkranich at cwmars.org