[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] speaking of testing.. (Was Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] browser client update for 2014-04-11)

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 14 13:01:00 EDT 2014

Those of you who connected my dev server today just unwittingly performed
the first real distributed OpenSRF WebSockets test.  We had 25 unique
visitors during the 11am (EST) hour, with about 10 active at any given
time, each with their own WebSockets connection, using a 5 minute idle
timeout.  Everything performed as expected on the server and I did not
receive any reports of problems (once a connection via a compatible browser
was made).

The connections themselves all stayed within the %0.1 (~4MB) RAM usage
range per process.  (For comparison, on the same server, normal Apache
processes range from 65-80MB per process).  Though we have more testing to
do, I saw no signs of memory leaks or instability today, which is very
encouraging.

So, again, thanks for testing!

-b

--