[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] speaking of testing.. (Was Re: browser client update for 2014-04-11)

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon Apr 14 13:04:31 EDT 2014

Nice!

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Erickson" <berick at esilibrary.com>
To: "Evergreen Discussion Group" <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Cc: "Evergreen Development Discussion List" <open-ils-dev at list.georgialibraries.org>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 1:01:00 PM
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] speaking of testing.. (Was Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser client update for 2014-04-11)

Those of you who connected my dev server today just unwittingly performed the first real distributed OpenSRF WebSockets test. We had 25 unique visitors during the 11am (EST) hour, with about 10 active at any given time, each with their own WebSockets connection, using a 5 minute idle timeout. Everything performed as expected on the server and I did not receive any reports of problems (once a connection via a compatible browser was made).

The connections themselves all stayed within the %0.1 (~4MB) RAM usage range per process. (For comparison, on the same server, normal Apache processes range from 65-80MB per process). Though we have more testing to do, I saw no signs of memory leaks or instability today, which is very encouraging.

So, again, thanks for testing!

-b

--

Bill Erickson