[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best practices for staff client usernames

Lisa Kushner kushnele at forsyth.cc
Tue Aug 12 11:19:05 EDT 2014

In Forsyth County, we chose to create user names based on the position
rather than the person.  I devised a naming system based on the location
and position followed by the county's 4-digit Position Control Number.  The
starting password is the last 4 numbers of that position's phone extension.
 It sounds confusing when I describe it, but I think it's worked well.
 Since the PCN is included on our in-house staff directory, it's fairly
simple to translate to a person if needed.

My username is tss7865 which stands for Technical Services Supervisor and
my PCN is obviously 7865.

Whenever someone leaves or moves from one job to another, all the
supervisor does is change the email address in the account and resets the
password back to the 4-digit phone number.

I created at least one volunteer account for each location also.

Lisa Kushner
FCPL Technical Services
336-703-3048