[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best practices for staff client usernames

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Tue Aug 12 11:01:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

My new director was asking my opinion on usernames and passwords for staff. I am of two minds - I would like more personalized usernames for accountability reasons, but I also recognize things like reports are tied to usernames and it is easier just to change the password when people leave instead of setting up a new user from scratch. We also have only one username for substitutes (by branch) and this can get a bit confusing.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Deana

Deana Cunningham