[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best practices for staff client usernames

Elisabeth Keppler keppleep at forsyth.cc
Tue Aug 12 11:21:47 EDT 2014

Forsyth County NC uses a system that is tied to the position rather the
individual.  That way, the permissions, reports, etc. stay with the person
who needs them, regardless of who it is.  Since the County's position
control numbers (PCNs) are four digits, our user names are constructed as
follows:

        *   abcXXXX*

where a, b, and c are single-letter codes and XXXX is the PCN.

   - a = library  (each org unit has its own letter)
   - b = department  (Tech Services, children's services, etc.)
   - c = position type (supervisor, librarian, assistant, etc.)

Hope that helps,
Lise Keppler

--
Lise Keppler