[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [RM 2.7] Evergreen 2.7 Beta1 - Summary

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Aug 14 18:14:42 EDT 2014

Hello folks,

So I just finished putting up the 2.7.0-beta1 files to the Evergreen
website's download page.  Here are some direct links as well for different
2.7 beta1 preview files so far:

http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/Evergreen-ILS-2.7.0-beta1.tar.gz
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/Evergreen-ILS-2.7.0-beta1.tar.gz.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-beta1_i686.tar.bz2
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-beta1_i686.tar.bz2.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-beta1_x86_64.tar.bz2
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-beta1_x86_64.tar.bz2.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-setup-2.7.0-beta1.exe
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-setup-2.7.0-beta1.exe.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/ChangeLog-2.6-2.7.0-beta1

A full list of different launchpad targets for the 2.7.0-beta1 build can be
found here:  https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.7.0-beta1

Additionally, the first draft of the 2.7 release notes listing new features
can be found here (a new, final version will be posted as beta testing and
release candidate work wraps up):
http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_7.html

As of this 2.7.0-beta1 release, there will be no new features added to
master as the community shifts gears to focus on testing and stabilizing
the features that have already been added.  This is also an opportunity for
developers/reviewers to work on bug fixes and for DIG members to work on
documentation.

NOTE:  One special exception was granted to provide additional testing
opportunities for the web-based staff client circulation module preview.
 This new feature depends on a brand new version of OpenSRF (the upcoming
2.4 version) and we allotted additional time for its testing before merge.
 The web client preview is the only new feature that will be part of the
next pending milestone, which is the 2.7.0-beta2 currently scheduled for
next Thursday August 21, 2014.

I think that we are well on track towards an on-time release next month,
September.  I'd like to thank everyone who's participated in the ongoing
testing, documentation, and other work completed thus far.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Cheers,

-- Ben

--