[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Regarding auth-bib linking on combined name/title headings (1xx main entry + 240 field)

Srey Seng sSeng at catalystitservices.com
Fri Aug 15 14:49:56 EDT 2014

Appreciate the background information!

In short, I was interested in finding out whether libraries run any statistics after bib-auth linking, for the purposes of doing a high level verification that bib-auth linking "worked."

For instance, if I export to Backstage 500 bib records to be processed, and I get back 1000 authority records, after I run bib-auth linking in Evergreen on these 500 bib records and the 1000 authority records that were returned, the general expectation is that all 1000 authority records should be linked to those 500 bib records (since those 500 bib records matched/generated those authorized headings).

When not all of these authorities linked in Evergreen was what lead us to investigate further and discover interesting facts about our data and this particular finding was one of the reasons we found why not all authorities returned linked.

Thanks!