[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Academic PAC flavor

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:05:33 EST 2014

All -

In general I will agree that more info from the record and less "art" or "pretty" stuff is wanted.   However, all of that text in the mockup is pretty overwhelming on first glance.   It would be nice if each section of large chunks of text were available, but not immediately viewable.  I'm thinking of a drop down expanding box for each section.   Much like the different views in Evergreen now:

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D00D80.A2F032D0]

When the contents notes and summary are very long and open immediately on first view, the patron then has to scroll down quite a way to see the location information.   Maybe the Location information could be further at the top of the screen?

Other additional information that should be included right on the full record screen is the alternative formats - such as links to electronic copies and such.

Generally though, I really like the layout of the markup version so far.

Jennifer

Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of Research & Distance Services

Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University

One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390

859-858-3511 ext. 2269

jlwalz at asbury.edu