[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Academic PAC flavor

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Tue Dec 2 06:25:05 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

Here are some questions I have about the Academic PAC display.

What would you think of taking the "*... Read more*" approach that Amazon
uses for reviews and long text, for long notes and text? This eliminates
the problem of clicking on a bar and finding it empty of content. It also
would make it possible to keep the copy/item record data always visible on
the screen without the need to scroll.

What would you think of eliminating the "Shelf browser" bar and simply make
the call number in the item/copy list a hot link to the Browse Call Number

What do you think of making Contributor, Series, and Subject entries hot
links to their respective Browse indexes?

What do you think of having a "MARC View" tab instead of a MARC Record bar?

What do you think of eliminating the "Place Hold" option in the Actions (?)
text box and making it a column in the copy/items list?

How about having tabs for Add to my list, Print, and  Email, instead of
having them in an Actions text box?

Is it necessary to include "available copies" information in a separate
area on the screen? Isn't the status column in the copy/items list
sufficient?

Whatchyathink?

Don

--