[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Call Number/Checkout report

Elizabeth B. Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Thu Dec 4 13:25:20 EST 2014

The tricky part of this one is the last element, finding items that were
not checked out in the past 10 years, because you need to work with data
which may or may not have been migrated from your old system.  Once you
know where that is and what format it's in, you need to look for items
that have 0 checkouts on Evergreen and whose last checkin date from your
old system was less than 2014-12-04 (which may not be the actual date
format) making sure that the items which were never checked in (because
they were never checked out) are included.

You also need to include the create or active date from your old system,
because you can't blame an item for not circulating before it was added
to the collection.  In other words, you don't want to include things
that were added in 2013 that haven't circulated yet.

The actual query depends on knowing what data you migrated, what format
it's in and where it is.  These weeding reports that depend on working
with data from two different systems can be tricky, but as long as you
have that data from your old system, you ought to be able to get the
information you need.

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org