[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Call Number/Checkout report

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu Dec 4 13:33:19 EST 2014

Assuming your data data is good you may actually want to check for two
different things, items that haven't circulated in ten + years and items
that have never circulated.   I also recommend checking to see the age of
the item and if it was added 10 + years ago.  Again, this may or may not be
practical depending on your migrated data.

This is the report I use.  It could be streamlined a bit, especially if
you're not concerned about the branch or creation date but it does check
for the duration since last used (or never), currently set to three years
because I mostly use it for popular fiction.  And it checks a shelving
location.

The child shortname is our branches because we use a Consortium -> System
-> Branch setup.  Your mileage may vary a little.

   1. SELECT COUNT(acirc.id), ac.barcode AS "barcode", acl.NAME AS "shelving
   location",
   2. acn.label AS "call number", msr.title, MAX(acirc.xact_start) AS "last
   circulation"
   3. FROM asset.COPY ac
   4. JOIN asset.copy_location acl ON ac.LOCATION = acl.id
   5. LEFT JOIN ACTION.circulation acirc ON acirc.target_copy = ac.id
   6. JOIN asset.call_number acn ON acn.id = ac.call_number
   7. JOIN reporter.materialized_simple_record msr ON msr.id = acn.record
   8. JOIN actor.org_unit child ON child.id = ac.circ_lib
   9. JOIN actor.org_unit parent ON parent.id = child.parent_ou
   10. WHERE acl.NAME ILIKE 'Adult Fiction'
   11. AND acirc.xact_start IS NULL
   12. AND date(ac.create_date) <= NOW() - INTERVAL '3 years'
   13. AND child.shortname = 'YCL-RH'
   14. AND ac.deleted = FALSE
   15. GROUP BY 2, 3, 4, 5
   16. UNION ALL
   17. SELECT COUNT(acirc.id), ac.barcode AS "barcode", acl.NAME AS "shelving
   location",
   18. acn.label AS "call number", msr.title, MAX(acirc.xact_start) AS "last
   circulation"
   19. FROM asset.COPY ac
   20. JOIN asset.copy_location acl ON ac.LOCATION = acl.id
   21. LEFT JOIN ACTION.circulation acirc ON acirc.target_copy = ac.id
   22. JOIN asset.call_number acn ON acn.id = ac.call_number
   23. JOIN reporter.materialized_simple_record msr ON msr.id = acn.record
   24. JOIN actor.org_unit child ON child.id = ac.circ_lib
   25. JOIN actor.org_unit parent ON parent.id = child.parent_ou
   26. WHERE acl.NAME ILIKE 'Adult Fiction'
   27. AND date(ac.create_date) <= NOW() - INTERVAL '3 years'
   28. AND child.shortname = 'YCL-RH'
   29. AND ac.deleted = FALSE
   30. GROUP BY 2, 3, 4, 5
   31. HAVING MAX(acirc.xact_start) < NOW() - INTERVAL '3 years'
   32. ORDER BY 4
   33. ;