[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changing creator on records?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Mon Dec 8 15:46:19 EST 2014

All -

Sorry.  I forgot to say what errors we were getting.    Mostly it was the view_user error, but also other user related errors (which frankly is a bit weird, since we are trying to edit an item record!).     Problem was that we HAD made those changes in the user permission editor.     I had assigned to our cataloger and acquisitions clerk all the view rights that seemed appropriate - including view_user.     The only other difference between records that did not generate an error and those that did were the creator.     Am I correct in assuming then, any records created by an admin need to have permissions for the user / viewer set at the SYSTEM level?

  Still, the fact remains that we might at some time in the future like to make changes to the creator of records.   Good to know that it is possible and how to get it done.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - ILS Monkey
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University