[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron Batch Functions

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Tue Dec 9 11:26:53 EST 2014

When I load student records I provide for up to two addresses.
Libraries provide the local address first followed by a secondary
address.  The first address gets an address_type of 'MAILING' and it's
ID is set in the usr.mailing_address and usr.billing_address. The second
address gets an address_type of 'ALTERNATE'.  Either address can be
blank but all our libraries provide a primary address and some provide a
secondary home or international address.  I'm not sure how critical it
is to have the secondary address in Evergreen.

If students live on campus, then the campus address is used.  If the
student has a mail stop, then that can be included as well.  Community
colleges provide a single home address.  It is important in our
consortia to have valid mailing addresses for all patrons for notice
printing.  If the student borrows material from another library, that
library may want to mail paper notices or a bill.

--
Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager