[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron Batch Functions

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Tue Dec 9 11:33:04 EST 2014

Rogan,
Thanks for mentioning the unique identifier problem.  I did intent to
associate ident_value with the unique identifier coming from the campus
system.  Having non-unique identifiers from multiple campus systems is
definitely a possibility.  Our libraries are told to append the org_unit
shortname to the university id.  That mostly works well except in cases
where a student was entered by hand prior to a data load and the library
staff person did not enter the ID or entered it without the shortname
appended.  We will see barcode collisions in that case which will halt
the load until resolved.

Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange