[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.8 release scheduling

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:07:48 EST 2014

Hi All,

I'm attempting to sketch out the release schedule for Evergreen 2.8, so I'd
like to run some dates/thoughts by everyone.

For starters, unless someone requests it, I'm not planning to cut an Alpha
release.  I've never seen anyone install one :).  I'm happy to cut one if
desired, though.

Proposed schedule:

* Jan 14 2015: Feature Target Deadline

This is the date where all features we expect to get into 2.8 are
documented in LP and targeted to 2.8.  They do not have to be coded or
tagged as pull requests by this date.  They just need to be documented.  As
before, this is a strong recommendation, but not a hard deadline.

Feb 18 2015: Feature Freeze