[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds placed prior to status change (Hardy, Elaine)

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Fri Feb 28 11:59:44 EST 2014

Hi Deanna,

These checkin modifiers were added in Release 2.2 (I believe).

From the Launchpad bug:

2 - Retarget Local Holds / Retarget All Statuses

When checking in items that are owned by the library and are In process (or, with the second option selected, in general) attempt to find a local hold to retarget. This is intended to help with "added an item to a popular bib, and it didn't target anything" and/or "added an item to a popular bib and it targeted a hold somewhere else before a local hold".

Essentially, it works on your items, and runs the hold targeter at each checkin, looking for the holds for pickup at your library. You should be aware that it can slow down checkins due to the hold targeter running.

Retarget local holds works for In Process items
Add Retarget all statuses (have both checked) to work on other statuses.

In all cases it works on your items and your holds.

Here’s a link to the full bug:

Hope this is helpful,
Michele

--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org