[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Macros

Holly Brennan haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us
Wed Jan 22 19:14:04 EST 2014

I'm wondering how hard it would be to create a few new ones for library contact info, say %library_phone%, %library_website%, etc. My programming-fu is weak, though, so I'm not sure I'm be the person to do it!

Buzzy -

You can manually add things like the library name, phone, etc. They just aren't listed as macros.

Here's how I configured the top of our patron-oriented receipts (items out, renewals, etc):

<center>Homer Public Library<br/>
500 Hazel Ave, Homer AK 99603<br/>
907-235-3180<br/>
www.cityofhomer-ak.gov/library<br/>
~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~ <br/></center>
You have the following items:<hr/><ol>

And it prints on the receipt as this (only centered):

Homer Public Library
500 Hazel Ave, Homer AK 99603
907-235-3180
www.cityofhomer-ak.gov/library
You have the following items:

You set this up on one station, then copy the templates to all other computers at that branch. It's a little work, but only has to be done once. And since you have to copy the customized templates to each workstation regardless, there's not much difference in typing/coping a line of macros vs. typing the library name manually.

Hope that helps. And thanks for the list, Lynn!

-Holly