[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holdings Subfield: Circulating Library

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Jul 11 11:23:07 EDT 2014

Well, a few thoughts.

Jason is right.  You can use your branch level (ATS-KY) in the record and
still set ATS in the policy.  That's the most elegant solution.  It also
has a long term benefit.  This works because of weighting and it allows you
in the future if you need to, to create policies for a branch level that
effectively over ride the more general policy.  And it's nice to future
guard yourself.

The other thought is that you could set owning library to your branch and
circulating to your system.  Both can be used in your circ policies.  That
gives you a lot of power and flexibility but to be honest, I suspect
(though I don't know your needs) that it's probably creating complex for
complexity's sake.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them.”
― Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>