[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] NoveList Select links

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Jul 11 14:23:22 EDT 2014

Hi Chauncey,

Yes, it looks like that Novelist link back is pointed at a JSPAC URL.
 Generally, I would expect the form of a TPAC URL to take
http://hostname/eg/opac/results?params....  Sounds like Novelist needs to
update their config for your system.

Only a handful of our libraries subscribe to Novelist presently, but what
you described with setting the OILS_NOVELIST_* apache variables in
eg_vhost.conf sounds like what we ended up doing as well in our
configuration.

This is an example of a Novelist embed from one of our library's catalogs:
http://newmilford.biblio.org/eg/opac/record/33021?expand=awards#awards

You can see from the associated links that the Novelist code there is
directing searches back at TPAC, not JSPAC.

So, yes, sounds like something they need to fix on their end, not yours.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager