[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Media request regarding K12 library automation

Ron Gagnon gagnon at noblenet.org
Tue Jul 15 12:54:28 EDT 2014

One other important point is control.  As the software is not owned
controlled by a single vendor, like proprietary systems, no one can
unilaterally decide the software is end-of-life, no longer supported, etc.
And since there are multiple support options, unlike proprietary systems,
no single vendor can unilaterally decide to raise maintenance costs on a
take it or leave it basis.  You always have options with open source, no
single vendor is dictating the terms for your most important automation
system.

Ron Gagnon

--
Ronald A. Gagnon, Executive Director