[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Duration Rules/Circulation Policies

George Rodgers-Clark grodgers-clark at lclib.lib.wa.us
Wed Jul 30 20:04:14 EDT 2014

Hello All--

I am wondering if there is a way to trigger Evergreen 2.4.4 to prompt
staff to enter the due date for a specific item type. The situation is
with InterLibrary Loan items (we already have a circ type for them),
when the due date is set by the library we are borrowing from (usually
not the same as ours, and rarely the same from case to case). We are
currently relying on our staff to use the Specific Due Date check box
before scanning the item for check out, and it works most of the time. I
would really like it if when the item is scanned for check out,
Evergreen would prompt us for the due date (which we determine while
processing the item). Is this possible? If so, how? (I'm assuming it has
something to do with circulation policy [we have a 30-day-0-renewal
policy set], but I'm not finding any documentation on it.)

Thanks in advance!
George

George Rodgers-Clark
Library Technician