[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Is 264 field indexed and visible in 2.5 version?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Jul 31 16:48:58 EDT 2014

Hi Trisha,

In terms of indexing, Evergreen by default does not index publication
information, even when this information is stored the 260 tag. I think
this decision was probably made so that a search for "little brown bear"
didn't retrieve a bunch of records published by Little Brown.

We have two consortia in Massachusetts that have decided to make a local
configuration to index the 260 and maybe the 264 (not sure on that one).
The magic spells page provides some guidance on how specific MARC tags
can be indexed -
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells#how_to_include_a_specific_marc_field_with_a_specific_search_class.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier