[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [RM 2.7] Targeting developments for 2.7 (new date: June 12)

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Jun 5 16:28:29 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I cannot believe how quickly June snuck up on us.  In any case, thank you
for your confidence in electing me to the position of 2.7 release manager.

So, the original plan called for us to target new features as planned to be
worked on / developed during the 2.7 development cycle by today June 5th.
 However, I'm going to extend this initial target date by one additional
week to next Thursday, June 12th.  I have updated the Evergreen calendar (
http://evergreen-ils.org/calendar) with this new information and plan to
stick to the remaining calendar dates as firmly as possible for our 2.7
development objectives.  The next key 2.7 dates are as follows now:

June 12 -- target main features for initial 2.7 milestone review
July 10 -- 2.7 alpha
August 7 -- 2.7 beta
September 4 - 2.7 RC
September 18 - 2.7.0 Final

The current milestone target in Launchpad for "2.next" (
https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.next) represents what has
already been targeted for review during 2.7.  I highly encourage
contributors and other interested parties to make sure that any active
developments for 2.7 are registered with the Evergreen Launchpad site and
the development team will help assign specific milestones for review to
different tickets.  If you require assistance with this process, please do
not hesitate to ask either myself (bshum) or others in IRC (
http://evergreen-ils.org/communicate/irc/) or via the mailing lists.

I look forward to working with everyone as we coordinate and move forward
with development for the next, best release Evergreen 2.7.

Thanks and happy coding!

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum