[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions: dealing with cancelled/backordered line items

Jane Sandberg janes at burlingtonwa.gov
Thu Jun 5 17:47:46 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to do some cleanup in our acquisitions module, and am wondering if there is any way to change a line item's cancel reason.  We're using Evergreen 2.4.4, and have several backordered items that have finally been cancelled by our vendor.  The line items are already cancelled in Evergreen (with Backorder Quantity as the cancel reason) per the vendor's EDI acknowledgement, but I would like to change the cancel reason to something that removes the encumbrance.  Is there a way to take care of this in the staff client?

If there is no way to do this in the staff client, do you have any suggested procedures for taking care of this issue?  I'd be very interested to hear how other libraries are handling this.

Thanks very much for your help,

Jane Sandberg

Burlington Public Library
820 E Washington Ave