[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay Import and On Order records

Michael Schell MSchell at fepl.ca
Tue Jun 10 16:30:55 EDT 2014

Hello All,

We have just upgraded to 2.6.0 and I am trying to use the new vandelay import features to add a default item barcode and call numbers to on-order records. I have set generate default call numbers and barcodes to true, as well setup default prefixes in the Library Settings Editor.  I then tried importing an on-order record but a default barcode and call number were not generated.  I don't really have a good handle on MARC import so I'm sure I missing something (holdings import profile maybe?).  If anyone has been successful with this or has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Michael Schell
Systems Administrator
Fort Erie Public Library