[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] circulation policies set up problems

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Tue Jun 17 14:58:24 EDT 2014

Janice,

Regarding the "default" policy, I think you mean a policy that applies when no
other policy configured in the circulation policy table does.

To add one of these, set the Permission Group to your most generic one, probably
"Users" and the Org Unit to the top unit in the tree.

Leave everything else "above the line" blank. Then below the line, fill in how
you want those items to circulate (or not, if appropriate).

Adding Circulation policies confused me at first until I realized that the line
that appears above "Circulate" when you are adding a policy is significant.

What you set "above the line" are attributes that match attributes of the user,
item, and place of the transaction, and what you set "below the line" are the
policies that apply to the matching transaction.

Hope this helps,
Michele

--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org