[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Two new problems (just noticed)

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Tue Jun 17 13:34:36 EDT 2014

Hi,

We have three Express Libraries in our system - lockers where patrons can pick up books they put on hold. When we were running Evergreen 2.3.2 everything worked fine with these locations. However, we upgraded to 2.5.1 awhile back and I just now noticed that the Express libraries are grayed out as hold pickup locations both through the staff client and the OPAC patron side. I have looked over the Org Types and Org Unit settings in the admin - server admin menu but cannot see what is wrong. I don't have addresses set up for these locations, but I don't have addresses set up for our other physical library branches either.

The other problem is more ominous. Yesterday we had a patron come in insisting he had returned a book that was still checked out on his account. When I looked at the item status, it said it was available and that it was added to the system June 13. When I talked to our tech services person, she said the book came to her as misscanned or noncataloged, so she had added it back in the system. I figured it was a fluke until today. We were checking in items from the book drop when one came up as misscanned or noncataloged. I looked at the patron record for the other books that came in that were likely checked out by the same patron and, sure enough, this book was there. I tried scanning and typing the number in and even searched the catalog by title but there is no record of this item at all, except on this patron's account. My suspicion is that something happened and some records were dropped, but I don't have the faintest idea how to begin troubleshooting this.

Any advice?

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library