[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Simple self check

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Thu Jun 19 09:58:55 EDT 2014

Hi Michele, folks,

I apologize for not responding sooner on this, and please pardon any duplication with my responses below.  We were also having issues similar to you in that receipts wouldn't work as they should.  We're (COOL, cool-cat.org) are running a bit earlier version than you (2.4.2), but here's what we did to get things working:

------------------------------

1.  Copied the default selfcheck templates from the openils directory to the custom templates folder for the library.

2.  Made sure the initial connection was at https.  (See https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1047485)

3.  In notification/action triggers, copied the default self-check receipts (4 of them) to custom templates for our library.  I also looked at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/793627 and removed the hours from the template from div to div and removed the hours notation from the head of the template as a precaution ([%- SET hours = lib.hours_of_operation -%]).

4.  Things seemed to work a bit better, but we were still encountering problems with receipts with browsers other than Chrome.  I tested in Windows 7, 8, and Mavericks the following browsers:

Internet Explorer 11
Latest version of Firefox (can't keep track of their versions--too many to keep up with)
Latest version of Chrome
Latest version of Safari

5.  Using the Chrome 'inspect element' option on the self-check interface, I also noticed on our system some 404 errors about missing JS scripts.  This may or may not be relevant, but is something I noticed.

6.  Finally, working with ESI, we upgraded our version of OpenSRF.  This last point seemed to really help.

After all these steps, our self-check seems to be working good at this point in Chrome and Firefox.  IE support continues to be an issue, but looking through earlier threads, the interface was originally designed with Firefox, etc. in mind...I know developing for IE can be troublesome.  Ben Shum also helped me track down some errors, but if you search the mailing lists (maybe you've done this already), they were helpful to me as well.  I also am looking at Ben and Buzzy's discussion here as well:  http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2014-January/009481.html.

Hope all this helps a bit!

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org