[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Simple self check

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 19 10:12:16 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Tony Bandy <tonyb at ohionet.org> wrote:

> Hi Michele, folks,
>
> I apologize for not responding sooner on this, and please pardon any
> duplication with my responses below.  We were also having issues similar to
> you in that receipts wouldn't work as they should.  We're (COOL,
> cool-cat.org) are running a bit earlier version than you (2.4.2), but
> here's what we did to get things working:

[snip]

> 5.  Using the Chrome 'inspect element' option on the self-check interface,
> I also noticed on our system some 404 errors about missing JS scripts.
>  This may or may not be relevant, but is something I noticed.

If any of these have /nls/ in the path (e.g.
/js/dojo/openils/widget/nls/en-us/AutoFieldWidget.js), they can safely be
ignored.  These are translation files which Dojo automatically looks for.

For reference : https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/1198983

> ------------------------------
>
> After all these steps, our self-check seems to be working good at this
> point in Chrome and Firefox.  IE support continues to be an issue, but
> looking through earlier threads, the interface was originally designed with
> Firefox, etc. in mind...I know developing for IE can be troublesome.  Ben
> Shum also helped me track down some errors, but if you search the mailing
> lists (maybe you've done this already), they were helpful to me as well.  I
> also am looking at Ben and Buzzy's discussion here as well:
> http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2014-January/009481.html
> .

Indeed, it was developed specifically for Firefox.  The fact that it works
in Chrome is a happy accident.

-b

--
Bill Erickson