[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.5.2 Subject Browse Index

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Fri Jun 20 09:20:24 EDT 2014

I agree with Janet, that the whole subject phrase needs to be kept together
so that only the limited set displays when clicking on the phrase. There
are lots of DLC authority records that include a main subject and
subdivisions.

In fact ... what I would love to see in the Subject Keyword Search is for
the result display to have an intermediate screen based on the whole
subject phrase. For example the subject keyword "self" in my database
retrieves 1668 bib records. Not very helpful. Instead I would like to see
it pull up any subject phrases that include the word self:

English language -- Self-instruction (20)
English teachers -- Self-rating of (1)
Self (56)
Self-acceptance (12)
Self-acceptance -- Religious aspects (3)
Self-acceptance -- Religious aspects -- Judaism (19)
Self-actualization (Psychology) (112)
Self-actualization (Psychology) in old age (4)
Self-actualization (Psychology) -- Problems, exercises, etc. (5)
Self, John, 1912-1993 -- Contributions in medicine (1)

Anybody else like this alternative?

Don

--
Don Butterworth