[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Statistical Categories

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Wed Jun 25 10:18:37 EDT 2014

Colleagues,

Here at Asbury Seminary we are rapidly closing in on our Evergreen
migration date in mid July. Our sister institution, Asbury University, will
making their transition after the Fall semester.  We have been testing,
testing, testing and feel like we are nearly ready. There is still at least
one area though, where we are seeking your collective wisdom, Statistics.

In our legacy system we have a list of statistical codes that describe the
item type. e.g. monograph, annual, bound periodical, DVD, etc. My
understanding is that Evergreen can pull totals for item types based on
elements in the bibliographic record. Is this correct, or is it a false
assumption?

What statistical categories have all y'all found valuable to keep? We are
particularly interested in the kind of categories other academic libraries
are creating in the Statistical Category Editor.

Thanks for sharing!

Don

--
Don Butterworth