[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Statistical Categories

Elisabeth Keppler keppleep at forsyth.cc
Wed Jun 25 10:42:13 EDT 2014

If you're planning to use the reports module rather than writing your own
SQL code, there are some limits on what statistics can be easily and
accurately captured.  Pulling fields and subfields out of the MARC record
is especially tricky, if not impossible.  You can, however, use a
combination of circulation modifiers, shelving locations, call numbers,
and/or stat cats to garner useful data.  I can't speak for the NC Cardinal
consortium, of course, but I find that circ modifiers and stat cats are my
most reliable friends.  The challenge is to use enough of each to
differentiate materials without overdoing the complexity.

Good luck with your migration!

Lise Keppler

--
Lise Keppler