[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changing patron Main (Profile) Permission Group

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Fri Mar 14 11:54:35 EDT 2014

I was playing around with our "Unverified" patron profile today, just to see what the alert looked like when an account was expired. We use "Unverified" for those people who are new to our county and haven't updated their ID yet or received any type of official mail we can use as proof of address. The card allows only two items out at a time and expires after a month.

After I had finished seeing what I needed to see, I changed my account back to the usual "Staff Checkout". No limits on numbers of items for this profile. Yet I still got the alert message "Patron exceeds max item threshold". I closed out of the account, I closed out of Evergreen, I checked in the two items I had checked out. Still the message persists. Do we have to manually remove each of these alerts to get them to go away, even when the condition that caused them in the first place has changed?

And if so, is this something other Evergreen libraries would like to see changed?

Thanks all - and happy Friday!

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library