[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Quick Update on 2.6 RC [RM2.6]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:40:04 EDT 2014

Hello all,

The 2.6 release candidate has not yet been cut.  Two of the blockers are still in need of final review:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=2.6-rc-blocker

Actually, though, the bigger reason we are waiting is that there are reports of search issues on a production data set, and since an RC should be production-ready, I am trying to give as much time as possible to see if we can ferret out the source of these problems.

I am committed to moving forward with a release of some sort before the conference kicks off on Wednesday.  If we get a handle on this issue before then, I will likely go ahead with the RC, but if we cannot, I intend to package up the code as a 2.6-beta2 release instead.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst