[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Standing penalties not removes automatically

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Mon Mar 17 11:06:40 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Last week I asked if anyone had any insight into Evergreen 2.5.1 not removing standing penalties once the situation that triggered the penalty had been corrected. For example, our Nonverified patrons can only have two items out at a time. After that, the "Max Checkout Reached" penalty is triggered and their card is effectively blocked. Even after those two items are checked in, however, Evergreen is still holding on to the "Max Checkout Reached" penalty and blocking their card. Even after changing the patron profile from Nonverified to resident and checking in both their items their card remains blocked.

Is there a script that should be running to remove these standing penalties? While we can go in and manually remove them, staff will not always know that they need to do that.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library