[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen history repository

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Mar 18 17:42:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

I needed a simple Git repository to exist for the tutorial session I'm
running at the Evergreen conference tomorrow, so I decided to make it
something useful.

To that end, I've created a repository for maintaining information
about the history of Evergreen.  The repository can be found at the
following coordinates:

gitweb: http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=history.git;a=summary
read-only clone: git://git.evergreen-ils.org/history
read-write clone: git at git.evergreen-ils.org:history

In order to use the read-write clone, you must have an SSH key
registered with the Evergreen Git server.  To get registered, send a
public key to gitadmin at evergreen-ils.org.  Anybody who is registered
can push directly to the master branch.

At present, the repository contains a README and a file called
evergreen-history.txt to store a timeline.  The timeline is a text
file, with one event per line, formatted like

YYYY-MM-DD {one-line description of event}

or

YYYY-MM-DD/YYYY-MM-DD {one-line description of multi-day event}

Here is an example of an event that took place on a single day:

2013-03-22 Evergreen 2.2.7 released

Here is an example of a multi-day event:

2009-05-20/2009-05-22 First Evergreen Conference held in Athens, Georgia

I encourage folks to feel free commit updates to the timeline.  Feel
free to commit other files (e.g., images, other documents, and so
forth) to supplement the timeline.

If you don't want to use Git, I am extending an open offer: if you
have history you want to share, pass it to me and I'll commit it.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton