[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training Interest Group listserv

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Mar 21 10:20:48 EDT 2014

Nope.  Recently acquisitions looked into getting a list and was told no (or
so I'm told, I wasn't there).  I would suggest just using the general list
and if becomes such a torrent of communication that it's unbearable (which
would be a good problem to have) then I imagine making a training list
would be received well.

I'm not in charge of any mailing lists but historically new lists haven't
had a lot of traffic and I think folks have historically been hesitant to
splinter up communication into too many discrete lists.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them."
-- Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>