[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2014 now taking Proposals

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Mar 25 11:22:20 EDT 2014

I'm now taking proposals to host the 2014 Hack-A-Way.  We will be looking
to hold the event in late September / early October to avoid the September
final cut of 2.7.  Exact times will be determined by surveying the
developer community.  If your organization is is interested in hosing the
Hack-A-Way send me a proposal addressing the following points:

* What accommodations are available for participants to stay in (cheap is
good)
* Travel and transport options to the facility
* Food options for meals
* What space you can provide for the sessions
* If you can supply refreshments during the sessions*

We look to keep this a low cost event for employers to send their staff to
in order to encourage participation.

Final proposals are due May 1st.

If you want to read more I even finally made a wiki page for it this year
here:

http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=hack-a-way

I will make a child page as we get closer and update it with information
along the way including notes from the Hack-A-Way itself.

* An ice cream machine was specifically requested this year - I think
Calvin College spoiled people last year.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them."
-- Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>