[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Release Manager Proposal for 2.7

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Mar 31 11:13:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:
> 4)  Deprecate and remove old code that is no longer necessary or
> broken.  As one immediate example: the old style circulation scripts
> have been officially deprecated since version 2.4 in favor of
> in-database circulation policies and we should remove the circ scripts
> completely from the code base along with any other unnecessary pieces.

+1 to the general idea of removing code that's either been formally
deprecated or which has not been used.  In the case of circulation
scripts, I believe that there are one or two consortia that may still
be depending on them; if that's the case, I urge folks to speak up in
case there are any major functional gaps from their point of view that
are not presently addressed by the new-style circulation matrices.

Another area to look at, per a discussion that Mike Rylander and I had
just now, is no-dead code in
OpenILS/Application/Storage/Publisher/metabib.pm.  More generally, any
methods that are lurking around with api_level <> 1 should be looked
at.  Most of them are on O::A::S::P::metabib, but there's another noe
in O::A::S::P::actor.

Regards,

Galen
--