[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser client update 2014-05-01 / feedback requested on catalog integration

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Thu May 1 11:37:30 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net>wrote:

> I hit send a bit too soon, in regards to the catalog as an angular app for
> staff - is the concern that this would increase the effort needed to do
> tpac work?

My hope is the staff/angular parts would be as segregated as possible from
the TPAC proper, to reduce any effects on regular TPAC development.  IOW,
developers should not be required to learn Angular to work on the catalog.
 It will still primarily be a Template Toolkit / mod_perl application.  The
Angular bits would just be a small nub that appears in certain contexts.

I don't have any particular concerns with Angular (and possibly Bootstrap
for the navbar) apart from the usual worry about introducing any new
framework, particularly into environments like the catalog, where we
already have Dojo.

-b

--
Bill Erickson